Instead of trying to pursue the next best thing to make you happy, strive for meaning in your life instead. Happiness can easily cause you to constantly seek and chase pleasure. Meaning in life is healthier, more sustainable and meaningful than happiness.
Having a meaningful life is not something you do or don’t have- it’s a choice to approach life with a strong mindset.
Meaning is contribution, finding your purpose and satisfaction in life. Keep in mind, finding meaning in your life does take time and dedication.
Below is a checklist to help support you living a meaningful life.
- FORM MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS
- GIVE OF YOURSELF
- MAINTAIN HEALTH/WELLNESS
- BE KIND TO OTHERS
- PRACTICE MINDFULNESS
- PRACTICE GRATITUDE
- BE PRESENT IN THE CURRENT MOMENT
- REPLACE NEGATIVE THOUGHT PATTERNS
- ENJOY YOUR CURRENT SURROUNDINGS
- DISCOVER AND USE YOUR STRENGTHS FOR GOOD
- SHARE YOUR STRENGTHS WITH OTHERS
- FIND MEANING AND PURPOSE IN YOUR LIFE