Review these questions with your significant other to bring about meaningful and healthy discussion.
1. When I upset you, how would you like me to rectify the situation?
2. When it comes to going out, how/how often would you like me to check in with you?
3. What qualities do you like most in a partner?
4. What qualities do you like least in a partner?
5. In what ways do you think I could make you happier?
6. What do you think of our sex life? Do you think we could improve upon anything? Is there something you’d like to do more of? Something new you’d like to try out.
7. How can I best support you when you are feeling overwhelmed, sad, stressed?
8. What are your biggest concerns about us?
9. How much affection do you like/want from me outside of the bedroom and in the bedroom?
10. If we switched roles (I stepped into your shoes and you stepped into mine) would you be happy with the partner you are/have been?
11. Do you fully trust me? If not, what are your fears/reservations?
12. Do you feel you’re holding back with me at all?
13. What work do you want to do to better yourself (which benefits you/us)?